Groups of hosting services
A hosting solution is associated with stockpiling and/or sharing given content on a hosting server handled by a web hosting vendor. There are various forms of hosting services used for various purposes, so let's take a glance at these. In that way, you can conclude what you want, depending on whether you wish to establish a web portal, email aliases, or to share files with buddies and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service provided by certain file storage providers, which permits you to share big files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single function is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a record of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php website files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage accounts are frequently supported by displaying ads by the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a certain spell of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you possess a paid file storage package, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limit in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting companies, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a completely wrong interpretation of the actual meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would share the load between independent bunches of web servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving various web space hosting services (electronic mail, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, web page hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is only a variety of a data storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; given providers offer a hosting solution for images solely. This hosting type is good if you wish to share a huge number of pics with chums or associates since the service is mostly free. You will obtain a random link for each image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be utilized for web sites.
- Email hosting: a service dedicated to managing your electronic mail accounts. Some providers offer web page hosting solutions for websites, but do not offer an email solution. If you want to get an e-mail address with your domain name but do not wish to own a website, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you require. You can create e-mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a given video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of availing of this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video file creates a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of video clips and a few hundred viewers, you may have a hard time with your web site hosting supplies. Embedding the video clip will allow you to possess as many videos as you want to without bothering about system supplies.
- Web hosting: this is the service that you need if you want to possess a web site. To some degree, it includes all of the aforementioned hosting brands since, along with your web pages, you can also host pics and files, you can keep databases and e-mail addresses, upload videos, etc. At SAHAKA Hosting, for example, you can have a glimpse at web hosting and dedicated hosting services that enable you to get all of the aforesaid solutions in a single place. There may be restrictions based on the form of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your site hosting plan may be better or worse compared with the customary email/file/video/image hosting plans that are devised for particular content only.